Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Apology - Factory Theatre - Next Stage Festival

Disaster. Tried to go see today's 3:15 show of The Apology starring Brendan McMurtry-Howard, the talented red-head from Studio 180's The Overwhelming and last years best Fringe show which I'll have to look up when I get home as I forget the title (Sia).
For some reason I thought there would be no one at a show the day after the year's biggest snow storm. I thought there would be no one at a show at 3:15 in the afternoon. Finally my mind blanked and I totally forgot where the theatre was. I went to Spadina instead of Bathurst, got off at King instead of Queen and walked North instead of South. By the time my brain started working and I had hiked over there it was 3:13, and I saw the show was sold out. 
To add insult to injury, the guy in front of me was buying the very last emergency ticket and was $2 short, and I gave it to him!  Talk about being a chump. 
Bought a ticket for tomorrow's 5:30 show, review to follow. 
Off to Chinatown to drown my sorrows in $4 pork before heading home. 
 

No comments: