Saturday, July 9, 2011

Radioactive Drag Queens From the Year 3000 - Factory Theatre

This show is an abomination.
There's so many problems it's hard to know where to start.  First of all there are no drag queens except in the last 30 seconds.  There is a tired tranny in a $2 house dress and a couple of women but that's it.  The one drag performance comes at the very end, a plot device you can smell in the first 30 seconds of the show, and the man doesn't know the words to the song and can't dance or lip synch. The two women behind him doing the "walk like an Egyptian" move behind him don't help.
The action comes screeching to a halt for three 5 minute monologues that will make you want to scratch out your eyes.  The one by the "straight" man is so offensive it borders on homophobic.  "I really like vagina.  No seriously.  As in no cock.  Vagina.  More vagina.  I beat up a drag queen once.  Did I mention vagina?" is a summary of the speech.
So terrible it makes you not want to go see other Fringe shows.
So terrible I was, I'm not kidding, sitting in the audience thinking how little time we have on this earth and how I was spending it watching this.

No comments: