Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Marketed as a "chilling psychological thriller" and it's not. I’m at 72% going “When is the thrill part going to happen?”

One thing I would say is good is it reads like a thriller, it’s a very quick light read that I finished easily in a day and a half.

The negatives, this is not Gone Girl. It’s not better than Gone Girl.

The wife is okay, but the husband was so annoying I wanted to stop reading the book. He would do things wrong and blame the women in his life, which pissed me off. “And he wouldn’t have felt the need to hide it from her, he added, if she weren’t so damn controlling.” At the same time it didn’t piss me off enough, I didn’t hate him, he seemed wishy-washy and like an overgrown baby and I just wanted him out of my life. Also I wanted to know how old he was and I kept waiting for a LONG time, like 80% finished, to find out he was 46.

I didn’t care about the characters enough. There’s a subplot of childhood trauma that isn’t fully explained and never goes anywhere and has no relevance.

It’s kind of a “So what” book. I’ll forget it by tomorrow.

View all my reviews

No comments: