Friday, May 14, 2010

Seemed like a good idea at the time.....

Dear Bob Rae, MP, Toronto Centre

It seemed like a good idea at the time. A change in government, fiscal responsibility, Stephen Harper wearing sweaters....

I voted Conservative in the last election. There were promises of a new, moderate party, a coalition that would respect all sides. But in the last two days, all that has been lost.

The idea that in 2010 a coalition of men could stand up and decide the rights of women is disgusting. Where are the feminists, the men of conscience, the Canadian majority, who oppose limiting women's access to birth control?

And The Toronto Star saying 68% of people support not funding Toronto Pride, how do they think crowd control and garbage collection will be paid for during the city's largest tourism event of the year, complete with the economic windfall it provides?

I am not too big to admit I was wrong, and now I, and the civic minded people of Canada need your help to right this wrong.

I realize it's a big task but I, my friends and family, and all good-hearted citizens of this country support you.

Best of luck.

Adam Dunn

No comments: