Saturday, June 1, 2013

Psycho II by Robert Bloch

Psycho II by Robert Bloch
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Psycho was what pulp fiction can be. This lame sequel is what happens when an author tries to take it to another level.

I don't think anyone was asking for all the psychological insight, the commentary on violence in the media, the studio executives. I don't care about any of that. All I cared about was Norman Bates who leaves the book at 20% and doesn't come back until 96%.

The actor who is working undercover in a gay male strip club with Burt Reynolds and John Travolta is never heard from again. The studio heads have such similar characters that they all run together. There's a lot of problems with this book.

I heard this was a better sequel than the movie. Incorrect.

View all my reviews

No comments: