Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New York 2011, Day Five and Six

I think I've died. Last night as I was leaving Avenue Q I knew my cold had finally caught up to me. I now can't breathe at all, I ache, my head hurts, the cold pills are doing little.  I called my airline as I have a $150 ticket to see "The Book of Mormon" tonight but can't go to a crowded theatre with my cough and nose and the feeling of death.  They said $400 to fly back today, $300 to fly back tomorrow.  So I said I'd wait.  I suppose I could change my mind later but if I'm just going to lie in bed and feel bad, I suppose it's not worth spending $400 to do it at home, although it would be nice.
Day five I got up and went to the Tenement Museum.
 Excellent guided tour, excellent place full of history, loved it.
 Yesterday I went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I loved this sign.
 Here's the registration hall at Ellis Island, this would have had a very large winding path that people lined up in.
 This was super cool.  The building was abandoned for 50 years and this is all stuff they found when they went back in.
 Here's the World Trade hole.  Not much has changed since I was here in 2008.
The outside of where I'm staying.
 I walked past this last night on the way to Avenue Q and I was like "Hey, I know that place."  It's Rockefeller Centre from SNL.

No comments: