Friday, February 1, 2013

Lake on the Mountain: A Dan Sharp Mystery by Jeffrey Round

Lake on the Mountain: A Dan Sharp Mystery by Jeffrey Round
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

More please!
The next book in the series comes out spring 2014. How the hell can I wait that long???? More and faster please!

Loved this book. A good mystery, set in Toronto in places I recognize with a likeable and flawed hero. Fantastic, far reaching story. It maybe even reached a little too far sometimes in scope, it was a lot to tie back together at the end. I was expecting it to be more simple and was pleasantly surprised at the depth of the book.

Another thing I enjoyed is that the author had a couple of recaps. I wasn't able to sit and read this book in one or two sittings, life got in the way, and it took me a couple of weeks. It was nice when Dan would say, 'okay I'm going to the psychologist, let's see what I want to tell him. This happened, then this happened', and I'd be like, oh yeah, thanks for reminding me!

I liked the son, the best friend, the main character, all good.

Not saying the book was perfect but nothing glaring jumps out at me, and for what it was it was way better than I expected it to be, can't wait to read the next book in the series!

Oh, yeah, sorry, I remembered a couple things.  The book could have been less down about Toronto.  Also I dislike gays that criticize the gay village, it seems like who would want to be in any club that would have them as a member.  My hopes for the next one are that it stays in Toronto and these couple things are toned down.

View all my reviews

No comments: