Friday, April 12, 2013

Signed: Vincent River by Philip Ridley




I saw this amazing, kick you in the gut play on February 21, 2011 and loved it. I later purchased the book version and sent it to the author on August 23, 2011 as part of my book sending spree to get the autographs of famous gay authors that I loved.  The book never came back.

I was unclear as to why it was never returned. I had already paid for the postage, and I thought to myself if he didn't want to or couldn't sign it, why not return the book to me at least?  But these things happen, and unlike Dennis Cooper, who I sent $50 to and he promised to sign it and never did and kept my money!!!! I wasn't out anything.

I repurchased the book and moved on with my life.

To my surprise, yesterday, a year and a half later, the book arrived!  Signed with an explanatory note and everything!  Very excited to receive it.

No comments: