Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Scissor Sisters - Sound Academy, Aug 31/10

This was possibly the best concert I've ever seen. I loved it.
The concert was at the Sound Academy, which used to be the Docks. I had heard horror stories so I was a bit leery. Everyone was getting searched and patted down going in but I didn't get the alcohol wristband so I think they went easy on me. Plus they had a huge patio you could take your drinks on which was nice.
The show started and the group had so much energy it was amazing.


For the encore, they did their cover of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb", followed by my favourite song "Invisible Light" off the new album complete with Anna Matronic in a gold dress turning circles and hot choreography from the whole group, the place was on fire. I thought that was it, how could they top that? But one last song started, "Filthy/Gorgeous" and at the height of the song a confetti cannon filled the air with glitter, you couldn't even see there was so much, and I was in a state of pure bliss.

No comments: