Monday, October 15, 2012

San Fran/LA/Cruise

Ok, let's go to LA!

Thursday October 18 - Leave work at 3:30, flight leaves Pearson at 6:30 pm, arrives 8:58 pm at SFO.
Staying at the Golden Gate Hotel.  Taking the BART, exit at Powell Station and then walk 6 blocks up to Bush Street.

Friday October 19 - The thing I most want to see is the LGBT History Museum. Open from 11 to 7. It's a one hour walk, or, if the place is full of hills, 30 minutes on a historic cable car sounds nicer!
Chinatown is close to my hotel. Will be eating there most nights.

Saturday October 20 - 10 am, the Walt Disney Family Museum comes recommended
- 8 pm, Wanda Sykes at the Nob Hill Auditorium. An eight minute walk from my hotel past something called "Hooker Alley."

Sunday October 21 - 11 am - Touring San Fran with a friend of mine from High School who has a car and lives nearby.  Will want to see the Golden Gate Bridge and Muir Woods

Monday October 22 - Alcatraz. Booked for the 10:30 am tour!
- Lombard Street is the crookedest street in the world

Tuesday October 23 - SF MOMA.

Wednesday October 24 - 1 pm flight to LA, arriving at 2:25 pm. I can take the Coast Shuttle, Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle to the Banana Bungalow Hotel, WeHo for $15 which I get back when I pay for 3 nights.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame. Who would I want to see here? Also can see the Hollywood sign from here.

Thursday October 25 - Paul Monette's grave at Forest Lawn Memorial Park.  Revelation, L-3275. Open 8 am to 5 pm.
- 8 pm show The Book of Mormon at Pantages Theatre. Also an eight minute walk from my hotel, though this time not past an alley of hookers.

Friday October 26 - The Getty is having a Robert Maplethorpe exhibition. Have 11 am tickets.
- ONE National Gay & Lesbain Archives is open from 1:30 to 5:30.

Saturday October 27 - ONE Archives Gallery and Museum is open from 1 to 5.

Sunday October 28 - 1 pm, meeting my roomate at the cruise pier, 231 Windsor Way, Long Beach, CA. There is a bus but it takes two hours and 10 min to get there.  Yikes.  Will take a cab or shuttle, will ask when I check in. Boarding the Carnival Splendor.

7 days about the ship with stops in Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Sunday November 4 - I have no idea how I'm getting to the airport.  Flight leaves at 3:15 pm from LAX and arrives at 10:48 pm in Toronto.

No comments: