Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Oranges and Lemons by Liz Bugg

Oranges and Lemons by Liz Bugg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another great book, as good as the first in the series. Calli is becoming like an old pair of shoes you feel great slipping into.

The book starts again with Calli meeting a new client she's intimidated by and again reluctant to accept the case. How does this woman get any business?

We see Calli go undercover, which is brilliant and provides some comic relief even before her drag queen sidekick arrives to liven up the party.

I liked that we got to see more of Calli's girlfriend, she wasn't really in the first book. I also like all the minorities in the book, from people's ethnicities to people in wheelchairs, although the wheelchair was never mentioned again and I forgot who was the one in it.

The only slight, very slight, negative is the ending. I like Calli and to put her in such a terrible situation for the last 20 percent of the book, it felt too long. I wanted her to get away sooner.

That being said everything works here in this second book and I can't wait to read the third.

View all my reviews

No comments: