Monday, August 26, 2013

The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan

The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A good book that I enjoyed.
The best part was the historical aspects of the Falls and the photos in the book, I really enjoyed those.
It was a little too romancey for me and a little too slow starting. The book talks about the old schoolmarm going over the falls and I felt like I would rather have read her story. Also the author says the person Tom is based on shot the rapids a few times, and I kind of would have liked that kept in, more of the daring do and a little less of the heaving busom.
Still the story was a quick read and kept me entertained, I started the book on the train home from Niagara Falls and I'm glad I read it.

View all my reviews

No comments: