Wednesday, August 21, 2013

These Things Happen by Richard Kramer

These Things Happen by Richard Kramer
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I didn't like this book and didn't finish it. I didn't care. I got to 65% and it just got worse.
The writing style was unusual and annoying, I suggest trying a sample before buying the book.

“Why isn’t it okay, Wes?”
“Well,” Wesley says, with the sad-for-us laugh I sometimes think should be his ring tone, “because it’s school!”
We all laugh, which feels “nice,” which is a word I hate, but hate a little less when it’s the right word, as it is now. Then Wesley cuts our laughter short.

If you're looking for a book where nothing happens and they discuss the meaning of the word "nice" at length, pick this up.

There's too many characters narrating and they all sound the same. The story is slow, few people are likable. I thought I could at least finish it but the mother said something stupid and I stopped caring at all.

Avoid.

View all my reviews

No comments: