Friday, August 23, 2013

Yellow Vengeance by Liz Bugg

Yellow Vengeance by Liz Bugg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wish Liz Bugg would be nicer to her characters. I just finished this, her third book, and I’m upset.
When you read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, you know the really bad stuff can’t get in. You’re swept up in the author’s world and love the journey. I felt the same way about this book. In some ways this is the best in the series. I was about halfway through and wondering why this hasn’t been made into a TV show or a series of movies on the CBC, I’d love it, and I think a lot of people would too.
That being said, I didn’t like the end of the book. I feel like Bugg wrote it knowing people would be coming up to her for the rest of her life saying “WHY DID YOU WRITE THAT???” and that’s what I’m saying. All three books in the series I feel like Bugg takes things too far at the end, puts our heroine through too much, and this time was really too much.
I wish Liz Bugg would be nicer to her characters. I want to sit back and have a cup of coffee with them in Kensington Market, not have my foundation rocked to the core.


View all my reviews

No comments: