Sunday, November 9, 2008

Not every day can be a good one.

I went to see "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" last night. It's a Bowie movie from the 70's. How could that be bad?
Well, throw in a score that sounds like someone knocking on water pipes for 2 hours, a lack of plot, an extended flash back sequence that made no sense, and stop the movie half way through for a fire drill. That's how.
I woke up at 9:30 this morning and watched the last new episode of "The Mentalist". A great new show, it's on Tuesday nights. It's about this guy who used to be a TV psychic and now solves crimes with the police. He's very charismatic and carries the show, but as you watch it more you get into the supporting characters too. It's like CSI but with less violence and some humour.
Anyway, I went back to sleep. I woke up and had to leave right away or be late for the Cinematheque showing of "Oliver Twist" from David Lean, 1937. It was a great movie but on the way down it was cold, it started raining, and my bike got a flat tire.
After the movie I left to deal with my flat tire and found someone else had locked their bike to mine. I couldn't move it.
So I hung around in the cold for about an hour, then left a note explaining what had happened and said "Thanks!"
I've had better days.

No comments: