Saturday, March 21, 2009

Are you ready?

The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation has a site where you can figure out all about your mortgage with various quizes here. Fun!

While preparing to do this quiz, I decided to go to Macs for a Slushee. People who work at 9 pm on Saturday nights, there's usually a reason:
- the man was 3 days older than kerosene
- he spoke no English
- his face had 1,000 boils
- he watched me as if I was on fire, never diverting his eyes
- when I paid in cash for my $2 purchase he got confused

Anyway, back to my new stressor. If I think about it, I suppose I'm most worried about getting in trouble for past financial digressions and not having enough money. It's irrational, but there's a part of me that feels like I'll be saving for this thing until I can pay in cash outright, then they'll say "We'll think about it." There's secondary worries that I'll never get to travel again or that I'll hate my neighbours or they'll hate me and the condo board will throw me out. Interestingly, the fact that I won't be able to make the payments causes me no stress whatsoever.

OK, the quiz.

Well, the quiz was stupid. I went on my bank's website and actually applied for the mortgage in the time it took to do the quiz. I really want to see what they say, if they say no what advice they have. Save more money? Pay off your credit card? Trying moving to Guatemala? Actually that last one is advice friends and family have given me.

So I applied for a bi weekly non-accelerated mortgage with $10k down, $145,000 and payments of $414 every two weeks. We'll see what happens.

I'm stressed. Maybe I can go shopping.

No comments: