Sunday, March 8, 2009

World Baseball Classic

Today was the first game of the 2009 World Baseball Classic at Rogers Centre. It was the most anticipated game, Canada vs. USA.
I was excited to get to use my new camera. Now I was VERY far away so some of these pictures are miracle shots. I still can't get clear faces, either because I was just too far or I couldn't hold the camera still enough.
Either way I think these shots are pretty good.
Ted Lilly was there, but didn't pitch yet:


Chipper Jones was also there:

This was my view:

Row 1 but partly obstructed by a large flag thing!
I was happy Brian McCann was catching. Here's a cool action shot:

And here he is hitting a home run:

Loads of people were out there cheering for Canada, to no avail of course:

Afterward we had about 3 hours to kill until the next game so Joe and I walked in the rain, lots of rain, to Chinatown and I bought new shoes. I got these shoes just before I went on the cruise and they already have a hole in the sole, my foot was soaked.
Game 2 I have no photos of as it was Italy vs. Venezuela and I didn't know any players. The best part was when Italy hit a double and I yelled out "That's a spicy meatball!" in my best Italian accent. Joe pretended he didn't know me and I laughed for about half an hour. I'm laughing still.

No comments: