Monday, August 23, 2010

Boston and home

Went to the hostel which was beautiful, I can really recommend the HI Downtown Boston Hostel, I liked it in some ways better than my expensive hotel room. I got the bed, it was the lower bunk in the window and right in front of the air conditioner. After being out in the August heat for a week I was hot and my feet were killing me and I couldn't wait to get into bed with the A/C blowing directly on me.
I walked over to the movies and saw Pirahna 3D. It was okay, could have been better. One thing that annoyed me was all the female nudity in 3D, I really don't even need to have a woman's butt in my face in 3D.
From there headed over to Fenway. The ticket was cheap and had said "Obstructed View" which made me a little nervous. As you can see before, I could see everything except the batter and the catcher:

So that vantage point could have been better.

I met some nice ladies beside me and talked to them until the middle of the 9th inning, the score was tied and I had had enough, my A/C bed was calling me and the game really isn't as much fun when you go by yourself. I think I would rather have gone to the theatre actually.
I got back to the hostel and someone had turned off the A/C. Get my scissors! I didn't know if people would be made at me if I turned it on, but there was no way I was leaving it off after looking forward to it all day. I turned it on low and lived with that.
In the morning, rain for the first time in my vacation. I got up a little late and went to the beautiful Calamus Bookstore in Boston, one of the country's few remaining gay bookstores and got a coffee and spent about 2 hours browsing and looking at everything in the store. It was so nice to be able to take my time and relax.
Once at the airport a crazy four hour delay due to drizzle and I got home about midnight. Home sweet home!

No comments: