Thursday, August 19, 2010

P-town Tuesday

On Tuesday I knew Alberto was coming in so I didn't want to stray too far from the hotel. I went out at low tide and walked across the rocks, which took about an hour, I couldn't wait to be off those rocks! Once on the other side I found a remote beach but the tide had just gone out so the sand was wet and also none of it was packed so there was no opportunity to sit down anywhere.

Decided to walk over to the lighthouse, but did you know that walking on loose sand is hard? After every step you sink, it's like walking in deep snow and I was over it long before the 45 minute walk to the lighthouse was done.
I soldiered on and once there, found the stupid thing was locked.

From there a quick 2 hour jaunt back across sand and jagged rocks and I was home! These look like rocks but they're all clams at low tide. The seagulls were in heaven having a feat. Millions of clams....

Some lesbians took my photo so I could prove I made the walk.

Once back it was time for a nice nap.
I woke up and went for a walk and got this photo:

The building used to be a fire hall and the front part was converted to a porch, very cute.
Alberto showed up about 8 and it was wonderful to see him again, he's such a nice honest person so we hugged and laughed and then ran to our 8:45 show, which tonight was 'Naked Boys Singing'. I had seen the show before on DVD, my friend David produced it and at the end of the movie there's a note in remembrance of him during the closing credits.
Anyway, we got there late so we paid premium price for VIP seating and somehow ended up in the front row - they were practically in our laps which was good. The show has been running for 11 years and it's begging to show. A song tribute to Robert Mitchum, really? Does anyone, including me, have ANY idea who he is?

Dinner was a portabello burger, a grilled till it's crispy portabello mushroom cap with caramelized onions, red peppers and feta cheese - heaven in a bun - and off to the hotel, the longest walk back of my life!