Sunday, September 15, 2013

Confessions of a Fairy's Daughter: Growing Up with a Gay Dad by Alison Wearing

Confessions of a Fairy's Daughter: Growing Up with a Gay Dad by Alison Wearing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Guest review from my mom:

At her age 18, her Father admitted:
"If I'd been born ten years ealier, it's very possible that I would never have come out at all, And if I'd been born ten years later, most probably I would never have married." What a powerful quote!
This is a fabulous book, well written with a sharp wit and good sense of humour; showing us a gay father's story, told through the eyes of his daughter. There were so many quotes in the book that I wrote down, and don't want to forget. I'm strongly suggesting you read this book and make your own list.
Life is always full of surprises, so read this book and find out how one family copes with tough choices in an effort to be true to themselves, and the love they feel for each other as a family.

View all my reviews

No comments: