Friday, September 27, 2013

The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta

The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I heard this was being made into a TV show starring Justin Theroux, who I like. The concept sounded good, and I enjoyed the movie Little Children and had always wanted to read that book.

Really, I should have read Little Children.

This book was okay, basically after the rapture, a lot of cults form and people feel more lost and without purpose than normal. Plus there's a lot of grief for those who are gone.

That's kind of it. I hoped more would happen, it didn't. I hoped I'd care about the characters more but didn't really. I came to like the watcher who worked with Meg best but I can't even remember her name right now, and I finished the book less than an hour ago. That's not a good sign.

It was a lite distraction, I feel I'll like the show more.

View all my reviews

No comments: