Saturday, March 23, 2013

Union Atlantic by Adam Haslett

Union Atlantic by Adam Haslett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had been wanting to read this for a while, and while there were parts I enjoyed, overall I was indifferent.

I liked the interplay between Doug and Nate, and I liked the old woman`s crazy banter until the dogs started talking for paragraphs at a time, then it kind of lost me.

Speaking of kind of lost me, a very in depth study into the American banking industry which I didn`t fully understand. I didn`t understand the short sale that led to the crisis in the book, it was very American-centric which I didn`t really care for, and similar to the movie 'Margin Call', I'm left with a sense on a decent story and characters without the knowledge to back it up, or really the desire to learn that knowledge.

View all my reviews

No comments: