Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Signed: Wild Animals I Have Known: Polk Street Diaries and After by Kevin Bentley

In the last while I have been really into signed books, as you may have noticed, and just before Christmas I searched for books on abebooks.com.  I search of the word "gay" with signed books specified, sorted by price from lowest to highest, brought up this book for around $10.

Now it is signed "For David" but it is signed, and the book sounded great, a book all about San Francisco in the late 1970's and the gay rights movement and wild times of the author.  I like how the cover photo is a crop of a bigger photo on the inside cover, the inside photo reminds me of Toronto pride, I'll never forget that first time there and being unable to walk down the street for all the people.



No comments: