Monday, April 2, 2012

Hue, Tint and Shade by Jordan Castillo Price

Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts, #1)Hue, Tint and Shade by Jordan Castillo Price
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first entry into reading this genre, gay themed fiction written by women for women. There's quite a lot of it out there and I always assumed it was too heavy on the romance for me so I never picked it up.

This book is the first entry in a series and is the perfect length for an introduction to this genre. The story moves quickly and the author creates some believable scenes and interesting characters.

Basically a shy man meets another through a chance encounter, they make a date, they have sex (the sex was good!) and end of book, with a couple plot twists along the way.

I found the romance was not too heavily pushed, the characters were fully formed and I enjoyed the author's note at the end explaining where the characters and story came from.

I will read more from this series, good job.

View all my reviews

No comments: