So I have the whole weekend in Ottawa. I thought I had seen everything good here but I found a few more things. I had wanted to see the Diefenbunker but it's not accessible by transit and 40 km away. So no.
I did find:
- a tour of the Royal Canadian Mint. I'm booked for 10 am tomorrow, $3.50. Apparently they just make collectors coins there, they make the real money somewhere out west but it should be worth $3
- The RCMP Musical Ride
- Laurier House. Home of the former Prime Minister. $3.90 admission. I think I'll head there when I'm done typing this.
- Hog's Back Falls. A waterfall 8 km from downtown. You can rent a bicycle for $5 and go along the lake for a nice easy pretty trip.
- Ottawa Art Gallery.
- The movie Little Ashes, about the life of Salvador Dali is playing just down the street from my hotel.
- The IMAX movie "Under the Sea" looks good.