Wednesday, October 10, 2007

She works hard for the money

My goodness, lots to talk about. I have been very busy, at my parents and working 12 hour days.
My favourite torrent site recently banned Canadian users, today I heard about a new site which lets you hide your location when browsing so I'm happy again.
I went to my mom's for Thanksgiving and had fun. Here's my brother:

Surprisingly he was petty and insolent the whole time, even though he DID cancel on me costing me hundreds of dollars which I had to later APOLOGIZE for. So that was wonderful.
Here's the view from my mom's house:

Yeah it looks pretty, with the hill in the distance and all, but you didn't have to live there. Overall we had a great time playing Euchre and stuff. I got QUITE a lot of food, more than my fridge can hold and I may never get a chance to be home again to eat it.
Here's me on my mom's porch:

Notice how I had to crop her out because of her blog-phobia. If anyone asks, she doesn't exist.
Yesterday I went to see the Arthouse Cabaret at Buddies, I totally recommend going. I went with this couple I knew from work and when we get there, I say on the way out I'm going to get a picture of the host. My friend said to do it now, so I went over and asked him and got this:

and then 2 seconds later he walks over and informs the audience no pictures will be allowed while resting his hands on my shoulders. Then he carries on about how he's sure when you live in Oshawa you want to send pictures of drag queens to all your friends to prove you've been to the big city and I wanted to kill him. I should have taken a picture of the half-naked bus boy, at least that would have been worth it.
Anyway, the show was a tribute to 100 years of gay men and women's lib. It was quite well done, with video, acting, singing, cabaret, some lady wearing balloons that she popped with a cigarette, quite nice.
I was looking forward this month to actually getting a paycheque and not having to travel or commit it, but then I got a $700 bill from the dentist and a $600 bill from Revenue Canada, they're accusing me of repeatedly failing to disclose my income and are charging me $300 in penalties. Doesn't that seem like a lot?
I fell in love with 2 songs last night at the Cabaret, before I die I hope to have time to download them:
1. I Just Wanna Fuckin' Dance - from Jerry Springer: The Opera
and
2. Going to a Town - Rufus Wainwright
Tomorrow more boring training all day, Steers and Queers at night, Friday I'll probably be working until 9 p.m. I'd scream except I'm so happy.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Y'know, my brother not only paid for half on the hotel room we shared in Quebec, but he insisted that it was the right thing to do.