Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Some books I own of note for value

Some books I own of note for value:

The Chop Suey Club by Bruce Weber. A friend bought this book for me in the late 90's, it's a book of pictures following the life of a boy from age 15-18, with some shots of celebrities included with him for fun. I sold my original copy and bought this one for about $200 a couple years ago. I've seen it here for $275.

For a Lost Soldier by Rudi Van Dantzig. I bought this book in the mid 90's at Glad Day Bookshop. I was 17 and it was a book about a 22 year old Canadian soldier in World War 2 who fell in love with a 13 year old boy - written by the boy. It's not explicit but because of the subject matter very rare - few stores would sell it. I've seen it here for $125.

The Cather in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. This is one of about 5 copies I own of this book. This is the first paperback edition, one of 2,500 copies printed. I've seen it here for $275.

No comments: