Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Pretend Boyfriend

My pretend boyfriend seems to be a common phrase in the gay community. For example, Rosie O'Donnell's pretend boyfriend is Tom Cruise.

My pretend boyfriend is John Caffrey from Toronto band Kids On TV. He is sex on legs.

I received an ad in the mail for the upcoming play "The Needle Exchange" at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, which I won tickets for at the silent auction at the Archives dinner. Glancing at the ad, I remembered listening to Proud FM on Friday. They were discussing strange things found on the subway and one woman called in to say she had found a picture of a penis. The host mentioned how strange it would be if you recognized the penis and handed the photos back to the guy and everyone had a good laugh.

So when I got the ad with the bum on it, I thought how funny it would be if I recognized the bum. And as I looked closer, I saw part of a tattoo on the guy's arm. A tattoo of a cassette tape. And I realized the bum belongs to John Caffrey!

I went on the theatre's website and found 2 huge high quality shots and got 11x14" prints of them and a t-shirt made of the main image. So I plan on going to the show with these huge prints and the t-shirt and maybe getting an authograph or being exposed as a crazy stalker and dragged right out of the theatre. Either way, I'll be happy.

No comments: