Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm on Fire

Went to a show at the Dakota last night.

It was a variety show of sorts. The first act was a musician who was good. Then this guy came on:

And he had a really cool shirt (on the left) but it's hard to see as we were FAR away and I couldn't use the flash. On my old camera it would look like a bat at midnight so this is better.
Then this lady and her fella from Nashville came on and played a great version of Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on Fire". Loved it, been singing it all day.

There was some mediocre poetry about Parkdale and then this guy and his girlfriend came out. She couldn't sing, like she was tone deaf. It was a large group of people, surely one of them would notice this, but they didn't seem to. She started caterwauling and I plugged my ears. Her boyfriend started shouting "We fuck the night" repeatedly, and saying things like "No, seriously guys, we love you. We fuck the night!" and it was death. They said they were going to play a cover song and asked who liked Bruce Springsteen. Then they anounced they were going to cover "Kill" by Napalm Death. "1-2-3-4, Shreekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" and I was out of there.

Let's hope tonight's NYE show is better.

"Tell me now baby is he good to you
Can he do to you the things that I do
I can take you higher
I'm on fire"

No comments: