Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good news

I was awoken this morning by the phone. My credit card company announced that my credit card had been compromised and they were going to replace it.

I'm like:
- "I'm going to get new glasses in an hour. Can you wait until then?"
- "No."

So it's going to take 7-10 business days to get a new one. It could be worse, it could have happened the day before I left.

In other news, I know some people have but up on their blogs a list of the best and worst movies of the year. I figure no one cares about my movie opinion, so here's Ru Paul's take on the movies of the year:

THE GOOD:
doubt
slumdog millionaire
gran torino
synecdoche, new york
frozen river
the reader
milk
vicky cristina barcelona
australia
the wrestler

THE BAD & THE UGLY:
benjamin button
changeling
revolution road
seven pounds
what just happened
defiance
tale of despereaux
quantum of solace
rachel getting married

I would say Slumdog Millionaire should be in the bad category.

Entertainment Weekly is saying:
- Slumdog - overrated
- Benjamin Button - unlikable
- Dark knight - comic book
- Frost/Nixon - good, but not a current, fresh choice
- Milk- great

For once, I've seen all the best picture nominees. Thank you piracy!

No comments: