Saturday, August 23, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

I went to my dad's place for dinner and to look at some pictures. He's an amazing photographer and cook. The food was AMAZING and vegan. What else could I want?

I have a couple more things sorted out. I'm leaving October 10, returning Oct 19. I'm taking my friend Joe.

I think I have it down to two destinations. Either Moscow-St. Petersburg or Paris-Amsterdam. Let's price them out.

Paris-Amsterdam
Ok, first search, airfare is $5000. Bad.
With a stopover in Detroit, air is $2158 from Toronto to Paris, from Amsterdam to Toronto.
Leaves $2000.
Train to Amsterdam on Super Cheap is $100 for 2 people.
Paris hotel for 4 nights is about $1150 with an optional daily breakfast buffet for another $18.
Leaves $750
Amsterdam is like $900.
This could work.

Moscow-St. Petersburg
Air is $2500.
Leaves $1700
Flight from Moscow to St Petersburg is $220
Leaves $1500
Hotel is not going to happen for that price.
Hostel would be $300 for Moscow and $150.

Moscow



St Petersburg



Paris



Amsterdam

(Anne Frank house)

No comments: