Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Flower in my hair

I'm going to San Francisco and LA!

I'm offiically booked, Air Canada departing Oct 18 for San Fran at 6:30 pm, flying to LA on Oct 24 at 1 pm, a cruise from Oct 28-Nov 4 and then home on Nov 4 at 3:15 pm.

I've booked the Golden Gate Hotel, complete with cat, for 6 nights.

While in San Francisco, I have to see:
- The GLBT History Museum
- Alcatraz
- Chinatown
- Muir Woods / Golden Gate Bridge
- Museum of Modern Art
I also have tickets to Wanda Sykes on Sat Oct 20

While in LA, I have to see:
- ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives. They also have a Gallery/Museum 10 miles away from their research facility
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Hollywood sign
- Paul Monette's grave (others buried at this cemetary include Arnold the Pig, Steve Allen, Lucielle Ball, Bette Davis, Liberace, and many more)
I also have tickets for The Book of Mormon on Thurs Oct 25

I've booked the Banana Bungalow in WeHo for 4 nights. Booking a place was confusing.  Do I want to stay near the Hollywood sign?  Near the cruise port?  Who knows.  This is right near Hollywood and Highland which is an interesection I've heard of, but I'm not sure if it's because of the gang territory there or not.  I guess I'll find out.

Cool city guide to SF here.

2 comments:

warmoil said...

Add a performance of Beach Blanket Babylon to your must do list in S.F. only Wed.thru Sunday.
Good luck in L.A. if you are not driving.. town in 60 miles wide and all highway....transport is pretty poor.
Have a great time.
Dan

Anonymous said...

Other sites highly recommended...

SF:
- Burbon & Branch
- City Lights Bookstore

LA:
- Griffith Observatory
- the mall beside CBS studio (think it's called The Grove)