Sunday, May 13, 2012

The High Price of Pest Control by Scott Sherman

The High Price of Pest ControlThe High Price of Pest Control by Scott Sherman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An overall strong short story from a clever author.

The positives, I liked the pace of the story, it was quick and kept you turning pages. I liked the main character, I liked how he was his own man and didn't have to rationalize his decisions. I liked the Twilight-zone concept, I liked the flirting/sexy talk, I find Sherman's writing overall to be very relateable. I also felt the length of the book was good.

The less good, the ending. The character was developing these plans and future uses, then the end. Did he go through with any of those? Were there any lasting ramifications from the events of the story? I didn't understand, it seemed to end instantly. Also there were times I was questioning the believability of the story, perhaps the story didn't suspend my disbelief well enough.

Overall though, a cool concept and a fun short story worth reading.

View all my reviews

No comments: