Thursday, May 10, 2012

Signed: She's Come Undone and I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

I met Wally Lamb in 1999, it seems a lifetime ago.

I'm not sure if it was the first reading I ever went to but at that time it was definately the most moving.  I LOVED both these books and Mr. Lamb is so well-spoken and eloquent, hearing him read from I Know This Much is True took me to another planet.  I loved it.

My copy of She's Come Undone was kind of beat up so before I went to see him I bought a special edition hard cover and had him sign that.  Unfortunately I have moved around a lot and there is now obvious wear and yellowing to both books.  But it's still nice to see the inscription and be transported back to that moment.

Recently Mr. Lamb published The Hour I First Believed and I wasn't able to finish it.  I found the book far to similiar to the other two and wasn't enjoying it at that time.  I'm not fully finished with it yet, I'll give it another go, but I was disappointed.




No comments: