Wednesday, May 9, 2012

When You Were Me by Robert Rodi

When You Were MeWhen You Were Me by Robert Rodi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved this book.

Rodi has often been called "Beach Reading" or "Light", I call him relatable. If you've read something heavy or you have something going on in your life, you can step in to a Rodi book and have a brief vacation without leaving your home.

This book has a great premise, I couldn't wait to read it. A young gay man changes bodies with an older gay man.

There was a long set up to the body swap but I enjoyed the build up and finding out about the characters. I couldn't put this book down, I loved the witch I wanted more of her. I'm right in between the ages of the two characters, one is 26 and the other 53 and I could relate to both.

Rodi is renowed for making his character's chaste, and I felt he pushed the boat out a bit farther here, even if the book has no sex scenes, there was some light eroticism.

A fun story, a satisying if overly complex ending and I loved this story.

View all my reviews

No comments: