Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Signed: Jamie's Food Revolution by Jamie Oliver

I met Jamie Oliver on November 22, 2009.  As part of a promotional tour for this book he came to Toronto and you had to buy tickets to go and see him, and he was just talking, not cooking. 

I was big in to him at the time, and the tickets were about $50 for the back, and they all included a copy of this book. The less great part of this is that when we went to the stage door after the show, everyone there had a copy of the book ready to get signed! 

It was a mob scene I will never forget as long as I live.  Mainly young women, once he came out the door the shrieks reached a fever pitch and the crowd mobbed forward, propelled as one.  Luckily I am not a young woman and am considerably taller than many of them.  Even though I was four or five people back, I simply reached my arms out with the open book in my hands and dangled it over the heads of everyone in front of me and when I pulled my arms back, lo and behold the book was signed!




No comments: