Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm here

I never thought I'd get here. We left at midnight, and I got to the hostel at 2 p.m. Of course when I went to my bed someone was in it, which is usually a good thing but in this case required security. I had nothing planned for today so I'm off to explore.
The most exciting thing that happened was when we stopped for a toll at 5 a.m. Chris rolled down the window and the window fell inside the door. When we pulled over to try and fix the window, it broke into 100,000 pieces and then we had to drive for an hour and a half with no window. It's very cold at 5 am, luckily I had the suitcases I was wedged between for warmth.
Here's the window:

We stopped and put a plastic bag on it. Then the driver couldn't see to change lanes so I went to sleep, figuring the best thing to do is go limp on impact.
Here's all of us at 7 a.m.:

No comments: